If that sounds like a dream you’d love to make a reality, you’re the ideal client for a comprehensive plan created by a professional home services marketing agency. The market for residential services is crowded even in small towns and rural areas. If you focus on one marketing idea at a time, you miss out on the synergy effect that occurs with a more robust and comprehensive strategy.Whether your business needs roofing marketing, plumbing marketing, electrical, carpet cleaning, landscaping, remodeling or marketing for any other residential home services, your plan isn’t effective until it establishes your brand name as a trustworthy leader in your local area and then maximizes your reach online.
If you didn’t realize online marketing is now the best way to reach local customers, you’re likely handing potential clients over to your competitors. Statistics show that more than 95% of Google users have used online search engines to discover a local business, and more than 45% of all Google searches pertain to local information.
Now that you understand why it’s important to step up your online marketing game, let’s look closer at a comprehensive digital marketing strategy. What is it exactly, and what can it do for your home services marketing goals?
What Is a Comprehensive Marketing Plan?
A comprehensive approach to marketing simply means that you establish multiple marketing streams that work together to maximize overall efforts. Think of it as a pie that is sliced into smaller segments. The difference is that each slice of your marketing pie can boost the impact of all other slices.
Whether you’re interested in elevating your roofing contractor marketing plan, electrician marketing plan or a plan for any other home services business, the following pieces should fit into your pie:
- Owned Media – That’s a fancy term for your website, blog, social media pages and other online real estate that is owned by your company.
- Paid Media – Think about paid search campaigns as well as paid ads on Facebook, Instagram, and other social media channels. You don’t own the real estate housing these accounts, so you pay for the opportunity to use them as outreach tools.
- Local SEO – This includes syndication in online business directories and local citations. Reviews from past and current customers play a major part in this marketing strategy.
- On-Page SEO – Your website, blog, and other owned media should feature the right site structure, metadata and other elements of effective on-page search engine optimization. With the right words in the right place, you can elevate every page you own to a higher rank with Google and other search engines.
- Off-Page SEO – Think about organic backlinks coming into your website, blog, and other owned media. Your website should only feature quality links, and you only want quality sites linking to your site. The reputation of linking sites can impact your own for better or worse.
- Social Media Marketing – Selecting the right social media platforms and then consistently maintaining those accounts over time is critical for electrician marketing, remodeling marketing or marketing for any other residential services company. Maintenance includes posting sharable content and responding to viewers when they interact with your account in any manner. Reviews come into play here as well.
How Does a Comprehensive Marketing Strategy Work?
When you attempt roofing contractor marketing or remodeling marketing one piece at a time, you fail to maximize the full potential of each piece. For instance, some businesses will focus on adding to their blog or responding to messages on one social media account. They may see results, but it’s nothing like the results they would experience from those same efforts if they also had other marketing strategies in play.
A comprehensive marketing plan allows gains in one marketing channel to fuel more substantial gains on other channels. For example, when you’re winning big with Instagram ads, that can stimulate more traffic to your website or blog. As one marketing technique succeeds, it energizes all connected techniques.
As this synergy kicks off, you have a more substantial chance of reducing your overall cost-per-lead one year after another. The longer your comprehensive marketing plan is in place, the deeper the benefits.
The Right Home Services Marketing Agency for the Job
We specialize in home services marketing and have developed a comprehensive product that covers all the bases for small to medium businesses in the home services field. If you’re interested in exploding results from your HVAC marketing or plumbing marketing strategy, ServLocal™ is the only tool you need for more effective and affordable marketing in 2020 and beyond.
As a leading home services marketing agency, we’re proud to offer a comprehensive product that makes extending your online reach and securing new leads easier and more affordable. When all of your marketing needs are handled by one well-developed product, it’s less complicated and time-consuming than trying to make the most of different services, products, and apps.
If you’re ready to get the results your business deserves, contact us today. We look forward to helping you implement a marketing strategy that never hands over leads to your competitors. Your brand is waiting for a ServLocal™ boost.